What You Should Know About Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Removing a popcorn ceiling can be time-consuming, and it can also leave you with a big mess. Outsourcing the job to a sarasota painter can be a smart investment. Not only will you save yourself the hassle, but you won’t have to cover the cost of materials. We’ll go through all the steps necessary to remove your old popcorn ceilings. The old texture will be scraped away and a new texture will be applied in its place, leaving your home will ceilings that are appealingly modern. Our team will also mask the floors before we get started and clean everything up before we head out.
We’ll protect your furniture and your floors before we start scraping away your ceiling. Afterward, we’ll skim the ceiling so that you can get the modern-looking surface you’re after. There’s generally no additional expense for minor repairs to the drywall. With that said, if you need in-depth repair work, we also provide affordable drywall repair services. We’ll include this cost in the original price quote we provide you, so you won’t be caught off guard.
The earliest appearances of popcorn-textured ceilings were in the 60s. The texture remained popular for quite some time and was commonly applied to ceilings up to the 1980s. The texture was a way to conceal any imperfections on a ceiling, and it was also an easy solution. It wasn’t necessary to add more color or paint once the plaster was supplied. While popcorn ceilings seemed like an efficient solution, problems cropped up as time went on. The ceilings are hard to clean and often attract dust. To make things worse, it can be difficult to remove the textures from the ceiling if you’re not a professional.
Safely Removing Popcorn Ceilings
The Steps to Removing Popcorn Texture From a Ceiling
- The cover for vents and recessed lights are removed
- Attached fixtures and cans are covered to protect them from debris
- Drop cloths are used to protect floors, walls, and furnishings. Entrances are sealed so that debris does not spread to other parts of the house.
- We’ll inspect your ceilings to see if you have a paint or water-based texture on your ceiling. For water-based texture, it’s possible to dissolve the texture by applying a water-based solution. Removing ceilings that have a painted texture will be more complex, and additional drywall repairs may be necessary
- After the texture has been completely removed, the drywall will be fully repaired. The ceiling will be sanded down so that there’s a smooth surface for primer or a new texture.
- Paint will be applied to your ceiling so that you can achieve the look you want.
- After the work is done, materials will be cleared away and the room will be cleaned up
Applying Knockdown Textures
How Long Does It Take to Remove a Popcorn Texture from Ceilings?
Does Popcorn Ceiling Have to Be Removed By Professionals?
How Much Does It Cost to Remove Popcorn Ceiling?
The Advantages of Removing and Replacing Your Popcorn Ceiling
- With modern ceilings, more natural light will flow into your hom
- After the popcorn ceiling is removed, patching your drywall will be much easier.
- You’ll have fewer issues with allergens, and cleaning your ceilings will be a lot simpler.
- You’ll enjoy having a new modern space.
5077 Fruitville Rd
Unit 109 PMB 232
Sarasota, FL 34232
Office: 941-841-EURO (3876)
Monday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM–5:00 PM